Sometimes a dream home turns into a nightmare.
This seems to be the case for 277 1st Street, a five-story townhouse in Park Slope owned by Joseph and Ivana Hertz of Ocean Empire Management.
The couple bought the development site in 2000 to build their home, but after more than a decade of zoning and code obstacles, they placed the mansion on the market for $11.5 million in July 2015, Realty Today reported. The five-story home was re-listed last month with a chopped price-tag of $10 million, making it the priciest home to hit the market in Brooklyn in January, according to Point2 Homes.
The mansion’s superstructure is mostly completed but “awaits its final design choices to be selected by its new owner” — meaning it has no finishes or fixtures, according to its Corcoran Group listing. For all its woes, the townhouse still comes with some fancy perks: an indoor lap pool, an elevator, roof decks and four kitchens.
Meanwhile, the priciest listing in Queens last month also featured some ritzy amenities. A $3.9 million Forest Hills home theater, heated granite floors and a gym.
Here’s a full rundown of the priciest single-family homes in Brooklyn and Queens to hit the market in January:
1. 277 1st Street Neighborhood: Park Slope Price: $10 million Size: 14,360 Stories: Five Built: Under construction Agents: Peter Gordenstein of Corcoran Group
2. 1 Pierrepont Street #9A Neighborhood: Brooklyn Heights Price: $8 million Size: Not available Stories: One Built: 1925 Agents: Leslie Marshall of Corcoran Group
3. 535 Dean Street PH 101 Neighborhood: Prospect Heights Price: $5.9 million Size: Not available Stories: Two Built: 1902 Agents: Deepak Hemrajani of Douglas Elliman
4. 226 Garfield Place Neighborhood: Park Slope Price: $5.5 million Size: 4,400 square feet Stories: Three Built: 1901 Agents: Michael Hendel and Robert Donigan of Brown Harris Stevens
5. 8 Pierrepont Street Unit 1 Neighborhood: Brooklyn Heights Price: $4.9 million Size: 3,100 square feet Stories: Three Built: 1900 Agents: Karen Heyman and Alan Heyman of Sotheby’s International Realty
QUEENS 1. 11238 72nd Avenue Neighborhood: Forest Hills Price: $3.9 million Size: 4,100 square feet Stories: Two Built: 2004 Agents: Boris Mikhailov of Dom Realty of New York
2. 42-60 Crescent Street #10D Neighborhood: Long Island City Price: $3.5 million Size: 1,952 square feet Stories: One Built: Under construction Agents: Juan Rosa, Venita Farrier and LaQuana McNeil of Douglas Elliman
3. 42-60 Crescent Street PH9B Neighborhood: Long Island City Price: $3.3 million Size: 2,102 square feet Stories: One Built: Under construction Agents: Juan Rosa, Venita Farrier and LaQuana McNeil of Douglas Elliman
4. 82-11 Beverly Road Neighborhood: Kew Gardens Price: $2.9 million Size: 3,750 square feet Stories: Two Built: 1960 Agents: Boris Mikhailov of Dom Realty of New York
5.150-129 Powells Cove Boulevard Neighborhood: Whitestone Price: $2.9 million Size: 2,990 square feet Stories: Two Built: 2004 Agents: Elizabeth Li of Acer Realty
Source: The Real Deal