Marvin Hartman, Executive Vice President at Pliskin Realty & Development, recently brokered the extension of four retail leases, including for three brand name organizations, representing both the owner and tenant in each transaction. They included:
• A 5-year lease extension for a 12,500 s/f building located at 713 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY for P.C. Richard & Son. The property owner is New Hyde Park Stores, Inc.
• A 7-year lease extension for a 10,000 s/f building located at 470 Patchogue-Holbrook Road, Holbrook, NY for Tutor Time. The property owner is Holbrook Associates Development Corp.
• A 5-year lease extension for a 2,500 s/f space located at 721 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY for Weight Watchers. The property owner is New Hyde Park Stores, Inc.
• A 10-year lease extension for a 1,000 s/f space located at 779 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY for Lakeville Cleaners. The property owner is New Hyde Park Stores, Inc.
Skyline Developers has signed two new tenants at 1040 Avenue of the Americas:
• InviteManager, an event management and registration software supplier, signed a three-year lease for 3,789 s/f of office space on the 9th floor of the 24-story office tower next to Bryant Park. Asking rent was $56 psf. Eric Thomas and Dan Gallup of Cresa represented the tenant. William Cohen, Andrew Weisz, and JD Cohen of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the landlord.
• Positive Perspectives Corporation, a CPA offering personal and business accounting and financial management, signed a 10-year lease for 4,776 s/f on the 11th floor. Barbara Eddington of Mohr Partners represented the tenant. William Cohen, Andrew Weisz, and JD Cohen of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the landlord.
Denholtz Associates signed a lease renewal with Bridgewater Marble for 50,282 s/f of space at 3W Chimney Rock Road in Bound Brook, N.J. and 1W Chimney Rock Road, Bridgewater, N.J. Since beginning its fabrication and installation business in 1999, Bridgewater Marble has leased space in the Bridgewater Business Park where it has become one of the leading custom stone fabricators in the state. Its location in the Bridgewater Business Park provides the company with the flexibility to house a showroom, warehouse and production facility on site; providing customers with a truly one-stop shopping experience. The Bridgewater Business Park boasts approximately 380,000 s/f of flex-industrial buildings, 115,714 s/f of which Denholtz Associates owns located at 1W-5W Chimney Rock Road. The properties offer flexible accommodations for a variety of tenants including an airsoft facility and gymnastics studio. Kristine Hurlbut, Senior Vice President of Leasing at Denholtz Associates, made the announcement. David Zimmel of Zimmel Associates represented both the tenant and landlord in the transaction.
Bagel World Plaza, Manalapan, N.J., has leased a 1,215 s/f store to Yuzu Kitchen, a newly established Asian restaurant. The lease was negotiated in house by Bobby Engel, property manager of owner Rudder Realty Corp. Bagel World Plaza is a 16,000 s/f shopping center on Route 9 northbound in Manalapan. Yuzu Kitchen offers the dining public a new concept in Asian-Hawaiian cuisine.
Colliers International Group Inc. represented COWI North America in an 8,204 s/f lease at 1000 Lafayette Blvd. in Bridgeport. The bridge, tunnel and marine engineering consulting group will relocate its regional operation to the downtown property from a suburban office campus in nearby Trumbull, Conn.
COWI’s long-term commitment at the 214,000 s/f, 11-story corporate property follows a site search led by Colliers’ Michael Siegel, an office leasing specialist based in the global commercial real estate services firm’s Stamford, Conn., office. COWI’s new offices on the 10th floor of 1000 Lafayette Blvd. will be ready for occupancy this fall. The company is a leading international consulting group that provides state-of-the-art services within the fields of engineering, environmental science and economics. Avison Young’s Lori Baker and Sean Cahill served as landlord broker for Shelbourne Lafayette LLC, which owns 1000 Lafayette Blvd.
LEASES: The latest leases signed in the tri-state area : Real Estate Weekly